Sports Premium at St Mary's
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality of sport within school. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
The sports funding has be spent in line with the guidance available:
The PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools document, updated 22 October 2015, states that:
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that our school should use the premium to:
• develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
• make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Examples of how we can use our funding are as follows:
• hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
• provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
• introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
• support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
• run sport competitions
• increase pupils' participation in the School Games
• run sports activities with other schools
2018 - 2019
2017 - 2018
Our P.E. and Sports Premium Funding Allocation is £17,760
How we intend to spend our allocation
This year we intend to continue to embed our good current practice. We will continue to employ two qualified P.E. and sports coaches. Their role is to develop all teachers' skills, knowledge and teaching ability. Our staff in turn will team teach and evaluate alongside them and learn from their expertise. We will also continue to subsidise equipment, transport to and from sporting fixtures for our teams, and school clubs (before school clubs, lunch time and after school clubs) and all children including children with Pupil Premium entitlement , educational difficulties and additional needs.
This year we will also use some of the funding in healthy eating, competitive sport (sports competitions, extracurricular clubs and festivals.)and to increase pupils participation in sport. We aim to deliver a wider range of activities to encourage a greater participation and develop self belief and have an 'have a go' attitude in the children.
We want to invest in our children by training them to be leaders in sport.
How we spent the Money Last year and the difference it made.
As a result of the funding:
• We have high quality P.E. being taught across the school.
• Our Staff are trained to confidently deliver the P.E. curriculum.
• We offer a breakfast club with a healthy breakfast to enable our children to start the day the right way and be ready to learn.
We offer a variety of after school clubs. (These clubs included Fencing and Golf) at a reduced rate to encourage greater participation and give our children the opportunity to experience a greater range of activities.
• We train Y5 and Y6 Pupils to be sports leaders to develop skills which can be used in other areas of their lives.
• We offer specialist teaching and young leadership in P.E. and sport within our Academy to continue to raise the profile of sport and in particular, competitive sport within our school's MAC.
• We purchased spare kits for children to ensure all children had equal access to sporting activities in school.
• We subsidised Cycle training so our children would be safe on the road.
• We provided Sports Week where we invited experts in to inspire our children and develop their passion for sport.
• We achieved the Gold Mark for Sport
By training our staff through CPD and providing our children with a variety of sporting experience. We are encouraging them to be lifelong learners, to have a healthy life style where sport and eating healthy is at the centre of their everyday life.
- Monday 2 September 2019 - All day INSET DAY
- Tuesday 3 September 2019 - All day INSET DAY
- Wednesday 4 September 2019 - All day Children Return to School
- Friday 11 October 2019 - All day INSET DAY
- Monday 6 January 2020 - All day INSET DAY
- Thursday 7 May 2020 - All day School Closed for Voting
- Friday 8 May 2020 - All day Bank Holiday for VE Day
- Friday 22 May 2020 - All day INSET DAY
- Monday 20 July 2020 - All day INSET DAY