Welcome to St Mary's Catholic Primary School on behalf of the Academy Reps and staff!
We warmly welcome you to the website of St Mary's Catholic Primary School. As our Mission Statement expresses, we strive to live it out by 'providing a Christ centred setting whereby all can live out the messages of Jesus with love, understanding and care'.
The purpose of a Catholic school is to ensure that all children achieve their potential in a setting underpinned by Gospel values and practices. Without a doubt, our best asset at St. Mary's are the wonderful children we have the pleasure and honour of working with every day.
We had our last OFSTED inspection in September 2017. The Inspectors judged St Mary's to be a GOOD school.
We would welcome the opportunity to show you around our fantastic school and meet our confident, enthusiastic children. We are committed as a team of staff, to do our very best to ensure that we sustain the provision as outstanding. We do this through evaluating the provision and talking to children, staff and parents alike to see what we do well and what we can do to improve further.
As parents, you are the first educators of your child; with that in mind, we actively seek and value your contribution so that we can enjoy an effective partnership in supporting your child's progress as a member of God's family.
We believe that every child and every person is made in God's image. Our school is inclusive and we recognise that we are called in our vocation to support children in their journey of faith. Our Catholic Life permeates all aspects; this was further validated by our RE Section 48 Inspection in November 2016 which judged us to be a good Catholic school.
Our website gives you an enjoyable insight into our happy and caring school and we hope you will enjoy looking around and do open an invitation for you to visit our school and see St Mary's in action!
Ms O' Beirne
This Half-Term's Virtues & Values Focus is COMPASSIONATE & LOVING
- Thursday 15 November 2018 - 15:00 - 15:30 Children in Need - Cake Sale
- Friday 16 November 2018 - All day Odd Sock Day - Bring a Jar
- Friday 30 November 2018 - 15:00 - 17:00 Christmas Fair
- Friday 7 December 2018 Whole School Mass - Year 5
- Friday 14 December 2018 - All day Afternoon Tea with Santa - Time to be confirmed
- Wednesday 19 December 2018 - All day Christmas Jumper Day
- Wednesday 19 December 2018 - 12:00 - 13:15 Christmas Lunch
- Thursday 20 December 2018 - All day Carol Service - Time to be confirmed
- Friday 21 December 2018 - All day Break up for Christmas
- Friday 21 December 2018 - 09:00 - 09:45 Whole School Mass
- Monday 7 January 2019 - All day Inset Day
- Tuesday 8 January 2019 - All day Children Return to School
- Friday 11 January 2019 - 09:00 - 09:45 Whole School Mass Y6
- Tuesday 15 January 2019 - All day Last day for Primary School Admissions
- Friday 18 January 2019 - 09:00 - 09:45 Whole School Mass - Y5
- Friday 25 January 2019 - 09:00 - 09:45 Whole School Mass - Y4
- Friday 1 February 2019 - 09:00 - 09:45 Whole School Mass - Y3
- Friday 8 February 2019 - 09:00 - 09:45 Whole School Mass - School Council
- Thursday 14 February 2019 - All day Pyramid Concert - Times to be confirmed
- Friday 15 February 2019 - 15:00 - 15:05 Children Break up for Half Term
- Monday 18 February 2019 Half Term
- Monday 25 February 2019 - All day Inset day
- Thursday 7 March 2019 - All day World Book Day
- Thursday 21 March 2019 - All day World Poetry Day
- Friday 29 March 2019 - All day Y6 Transition Day to Hagley RC
- Friday 12 April 2019 - 15:00 - 15:05 Children Break up for Easter
- Monday 15 April 2019 Easter Break
- Monday 29 April 2019 - All day Children Return to School
- Monday 6 May 2019 - All day Bank Holiday - May Day
- Friday 24 May 2019 - All day Sponsored Bounce
- Friday 24 May 2019 - 15:00 - 15:05 Children Break up for Half Term
- Monday 27 May 2019 - All day Bank Holiday
- Monday 27 May 2019 Half Term
- Monday 3 June 2019 - All day Inset Day
- Friday 7 June 2019 - All day Year 1 & 2 Trip to Botanical Gardens
- Monday 10 June 2019 - 19:00 - 20:00 Y6 Confirmation
- Friday 14 June 2019 - All day Year 5 Trip to Zoological Gardens
- Thursday 20 June 2019 - All day Year 3 Trip to Sea Life Centre
- Friday 21 June 2019 - All day Year 6 Trip to Safari Park
- Saturday 22 June 2019 - 12:00 - 13:30 Y3 First Holy Communion
- Thursday 27 June 2019 - All day Year 4 Trip to Botanical Gardens
- Friday 28 June 2019 - All day Pre-School & Reception Trip to Wild Zoological Park
- Monday 1 July 2019 - 09:00 - 10:00 Whole School Mass
- Friday 5 July 2019 - 15:00 - 17:00 Summer Fair
- Monday 15 July 2019 Year 6 Residential
- Thursday 18 July 2019 - 09:00 - 10:30 Year 6 Leavers Assembly
- Friday 19 July 2019 - All day Children Break up for Summer
- Monday 22 July 2019 - All day Inset Day