Welcome to St Mary's Catholic Primary School on behalf of the Academy Reps and staff!
We warmly welcome you to the website of St Mary's Catholic Primary School. As our Mission Statement expresses, we strive to live it out by 'providing a Christ centred setting whereby all can live out the messages of Jesus with love, understanding and care'.
The purpose of a Catholic school is to ensure that all children achieve their potential in a setting underpinned by Gospel values and practices. Without a doubt, our best asset at St. Mary's are the wonderful children we have the pleasure and honour of working with every day.
We had our last OFSTED inspection in September 2017. The Inspectors judged St Mary's to be a GOOD school.
We would welcome the opportunity to show you around our fantastic school and meet our confident, enthusiastic children. We are committed as a team of staff, to do our very best to ensure that we sustain the provision as outstanding. We do this through evaluating the provision and talking to children, staff and parents alike to see what we do well and what we can do to improve further.
As parents, you are the first educators of your child; with that in mind, we actively seek and value your contribution so that we can enjoy an effective partnership in supporting your child's progress as a member of God's family.
We believe that every child and every person is made in God's image. Our school is inclusive and we recognise that we are called in our vocation to support children in their journey of faith. Our Catholic Life permeates all aspects; this was further validated by our RE Section 48 Inspection in November 2016 which judged us to be a good Catholic school.
Our website gives you an enjoyable insight into our happy and caring school and we hope you will enjoy looking around and do open an invitation for you to visit our school and see St Mary's in action!
Ms O' Beirne
This Half-Term's Virtues & Values Focus is 'Eloquent and Truthful'
- Thursday 21 March 2019 - All day World Poetry Day
- Thursday 21 March 2019 - 09:00 - 09:45 Year 2 Class Assembly
- Sunday 24 March 2019 - 09:45 - 11:00 Y5 & Y6 Mass of Committment
- Friday 29 March 2019 - All day Y6 Transition Day to Hagley RC
- Tuesday 9 April 2019 - 17:00 - 19:30 Parents Evening
- Thursday 11 April 2019 - 15:15 - 17:45 Parents Evening
- Friday 12 April 2019 - 15:00 - 15:05 Children Break up for Easter
- Monday 15 April 2019 Easter Break
- Monday 29 April 2019 - All day Children Return to School
- Tuesday 30 April 2019 - 14:20 - 15:00 Y1 Phonics Screening Workshop
- Thursday 2 May 2019 - All day Enforced Closure - Election Day
- Monday 6 May 2019 - All day Bank Holiday - May Day
- Wednesday 15 May 2019 - 15:20 - 16:20 Y3 Communion Meeting with Parents and Chidlren at School
- Wednesday 22 May 2019 - 15:20 - 16:20 Y6 Confirmation Meeting with Parents & Children at School
- Friday 24 May 2019 - All day Sponsored Bounce
- Friday 24 May 2019 - 15:00 - 15:05 Children Break up for Half Term
- Monday 27 May 2019 Half Term
- Monday 27 May 2019 - All day Bank Holiday
- Saturday 1 June 2019 - All day Year 5
- Monday 3 June 2019 - All day Inset Day
- Friday 7 June 2019 - All day Year 1 & 2 Trip to Botanical Gardens
- Monday 10 June 2019 - 19:00 - 20:00 Y6 Confirmation
- Friday 14 June 2019 - All day Year 5 Trip to Zoological Gardens
- Wednesday 19 June 2019 - 15:20 - 16:20 Y3 Communion Meeting with Parents at School
- Thursday 20 June 2019 - All day Year 3 Trip to Sea Life Centre
- Friday 21 June 2019 - All day Year 6 Trip to Safari Park
- Saturday 22 June 2019 - 10:00 - 12:00 Y3 First Holy Communion
- Monday 24 June 2019 - 09:15 - 12:00 Year 5 Bikability
- Monday 24 June 2019 - 13:15 - 15:00 Year 3 Bikability
- Tuesday 25 June 2019 - 09:15 - 12:00 Year 5 Bikability
- Tuesday 25 June 2019 - 13:15 - 15:00 Bikability Year 3
- Thursday 27 June 2019 - All day Year 4 Trip to Botanical Gardens
- Friday 28 June 2019 - All day Pre-School & Reception Trip to Wild Zoological Park
- Monday 1 July 2019 - 09:00 - 10:00 Whole School Mass
- Friday 5 July 2019 - 15:00 - 17:00 Summer Fair
- Wednesday 10 July 2019 - All day First Confessions in School (Children only)
- Monday 15 July 2019 Year 6 Residential
- Thursday 18 July 2019 - 09:00 - 10:30 Year 6 Leavers Assembly
- Friday 19 July 2019 - All day Children Break up for Summer
- Monday 22 July 2019 - All day Inset Day