Samaritan's Purse - Operation Christmas Child (Shoe Box Appeal)
What is Operation Christmas Child?
Operation Christmas Child is a project of Samaritan’s Purse, a Christian international relief organisation. It's mission is to provide local partners around the world with shoeboxes filled with small toys, hygiene items, and school supplies as a means of reaching out to children in their own communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ. They ship these simple gifts outside the United Kingdom to children affected by war, poverty, natural disaster, famine, and disease.
What size shoebox should I use and what should I put in it?
Any medium sized shoebox is fine. Large boxes cause problems with transport and it is unfair if one child has a bigger box than the others. This is why we ask for a MEDIUM sized shoebox. However, there is no problem with shoeboxes that are slightly above or below the guidelines.
Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls or stuffed toys (with CE label), toy trucks, harmonica, yo-yo, skipping rope, ball, small puzzles etc Pens, pencils & sharpeners, crayons or felt pens, stamps & ink pad sets, writing pads or notebooks & paper, solar calculators, colouring & picture books, toothbrush and toothpaste, bars of wrapped soap, comb or hairbrush, flannel, hat, cap, gloves or scarf, sunglasses, hair accessories, jewellery set, wind up torch, wrapped sweets (best-before-date must be at least March of the following year).
Do NOT Include...
Used or damaged items, war related items such as toy guns, play soldiers or knives; chocolate or other food items; liquids or lotions of any type including bubbles; medicines; hand-made or knitted stuffed toys; anything of a political, racial or religious nature; sharp objects; glass containers, mirrors or fragile items; playing cards of the 4-suit variety; clothing other than as listed above.
- Thursday 15 November 2018 - 15:00 - 15:30 Children in Need - Cake Sale
- Friday 16 November 2018 - All day Odd Sock Day - Bring a Jar
- Friday 30 November 2018 - 15:00 - 17:00 Christmas Fair
- Friday 7 December 2018 Whole School Mass - Year 5
- Friday 14 December 2018 - All day Afternoon Tea with Santa - Time to be confirmed
- Wednesday 19 December 2018 - All day Christmas Jumper Day
- Wednesday 19 December 2018 - 12:00 - 13:15 Christmas Lunch
- Thursday 20 December 2018 - All day Carol Service - Time to be confirmed
- Friday 21 December 2018 - All day Break up for Christmas
- Friday 21 December 2018 - 09:00 - 09:45 Whole School Mass
- Monday 7 January 2019 - All day Inset Day
- Tuesday 8 January 2019 - All day Children Return to School
- Friday 11 January 2019 - 09:00 - 09:45 Whole School Mass Y6
- Tuesday 15 January 2019 - All day Last day for Primary School Admissions
- Friday 18 January 2019 - 09:00 - 09:45 Whole School Mass - Y5
- Friday 25 January 2019 - 09:00 - 09:45 Whole School Mass - Y4
- Friday 1 February 2019 - 09:00 - 09:45 Whole School Mass - Y3
- Friday 8 February 2019 - 09:00 - 09:45 Whole School Mass - School Council
- Thursday 14 February 2019 - 19:00 - 21:00 Pyramid Concert at Birmingham Town Hall
- Friday 15 February 2019 - 15:00 - 15:05 Children Break up for Half Term
- Monday 18 February 2019 Half Term
- Monday 25 February 2019 - All day Inset day
- Thursday 7 March 2019 - All day World Book Day
- Thursday 21 March 2019 - All day World Poetry Day
- Friday 29 March 2019 - All day Y6 Transition Day to Hagley RC
- Friday 12 April 2019 - 15:00 - 15:05 Children Break up for Easter
- Monday 15 April 2019 Easter Break
- Monday 29 April 2019 - All day Children Return to School
- Monday 6 May 2019 - All day Bank Holiday - May Day
- Friday 24 May 2019 - All day Sponsored Bounce
- Friday 24 May 2019 - 15:00 - 15:05 Children Break up for Half Term
- Monday 27 May 2019 - All day Bank Holiday
- Monday 27 May 2019 Half Term
- Monday 3 June 2019 - All day Inset Day
- Friday 7 June 2019 - All day Year 1 & 2 Trip to Botanical Gardens
- Monday 10 June 2019 - 19:00 - 20:00 Y6 Confirmation
- Friday 14 June 2019 - All day Year 5 Trip to Zoological Gardens
- Thursday 20 June 2019 - All day Year 3 Trip to Sea Life Centre
- Friday 21 June 2019 - All day Year 6 Trip to Safari Park
- Saturday 22 June 2019 - 12:00 - 13:30 Y3 First Holy Communion
- Thursday 27 June 2019 - All day Year 4 Trip to Botanical Gardens
- Friday 28 June 2019 - All day Pre-School & Reception Trip to Wild Zoological Park
- Monday 1 July 2019 - 09:00 - 10:00 Whole School Mass
- Friday 5 July 2019 - 15:00 - 17:00 Summer Fair
- Monday 15 July 2019 Year 6 Residential
- Thursday 18 July 2019 - 09:00 - 10:30 Year 6 Leavers Assembly
- Friday 19 July 2019 - All day Children Break up for Summer
- Monday 22 July 2019 - All day Inset Day