Liturgy and Collective Workship
Our Catholic Faith is central to the day-to-day life of our school and all aspects of the curriculum, and pupils are encouraged to recognise the importance of their faith and they respond to all forms of liturgy and collective worship with respect and reverence.
We have a rich liturgical life in that the experiences we provide are wide ranging and take place in school, out of school, in Church and in the wider community, and engage and involve pupils, parents, staff, governors and the parish.
The Celebration of the Eucharist and prayer are central in our school.
Our Parish Priest regularly celebrates Mass for us. Each class takes on the responsibility of planning their own celebration of the Mass. In addition, we celebrate special Whole School Masses at the beginning and end of term, our school feast day, holy days of obligation and other significant occasions.
All acts of worship have a liturgical structure and are thoroughly planned and delivered.
'Our Prayer Journey' contains many of the prayers that are used regularly at St Mary's school.
It includes our four school day prayers, plus The Angeuls, The Lord's Prayer, Hail Mary, Veni Sancte Spiritus, and many more.
You can read our school prayer book below:
- Monday 2 September 2019 - All day INSET DAY
- Tuesday 3 September 2019 - All day INSET DAY
- Wednesday 4 September 2019 - All day Children Return to School
- Friday 11 October 2019 - All day INSET DAY
- Monday 6 January 2020 - All day INSET DAY
- Thursday 7 May 2020 - All day School Closed for Voting
- Friday 8 May 2020 - All day Bank Holiday for VE Day
- Friday 22 May 2020 - All day INSET DAY
- Monday 20 July 2020 - All day INSET DAY