Collective Worship and Prayer
Collective Worship is a time during the day when children gather together, listen to and reflect on a Gospel reading. They are given the opportunity to lead and respond with their own choice of readings, hymns and prayers.
Staff, parents and children participate in the prayer life of our school.
At St. Mary’s children gather together to pray at regular intervals during the school day. We pray to God is as he commanded us to. We follow Jesus’ example and learn from him.
The Gospels are full of references of Jesus demonstrating the power of prayer, for example:
During the week children plan, facilitate and lead their class prayer services. All classrooms have prayer areas that include liturgical images, artefacts and prayers. Time and opportunities are given for personal prayer time, especially during Advent and lent.
All assemblies and gatherings in school have a religious and prayer focus for the whole community.
We also work hard to include families in the prayer life of our school. We do this by:
At St. Mary's we learn and use a variety of prayers.
Some of the prayers we use are in our "Prayers at St Mary's" prayer book. It includes our four school day prayers, the Saint Nicholas Owen MAC prayer, plus The Angeuls, The Lord's Prayer, Hail Mary, Veni Sancte Spiritus, and many more.
You can read our school prayer book below:
At St Mary’s we celebrate Whole School Mass at 9:15am on Friday, with our Parish Priest and Parishioners to share our faith. Class Masses are celebrated on alternative Fridays.
Our Masses are truly beautiful spiritual occasions where by our children read, sing and give thanks giving to God.
- Full Opening from September 2020 Letter
- SNOMAC Parent Briefing Note
- Parent Briefing Note 7: COVID-19
- Staffing- Academic Year 2020-2021
- Zoom Transition Meetings
- Changes to bubbles
- Remote Learning Survey
- Staff changes
- Emmaus MAC Parent Consultation Statement
- Safer guidance travel for passengers
- Link to Year 6 parent booking form
- Well done to our Year 1 pupil!!
- A fantastic Thank You card for wonderful NHS Staff
- Congratulations to two of our pupils!!
- Information from our School Nurses
- Adverse Weather Conditions
- Hagley RC Supplementary Application Form
- Admissions 2020
- Parent Briefing Note 6: COVID-19
- Briefing Note 5: 11th May 2020
- Parent Update: COVID-19 - 27/04/2020
- CLOSURE OF ST MARY'S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL - 23/3/2020
- SNOMAC Parent/Carer Letter and Survey (Pre-School, Rec, Y1, Y6)
- Parent Update: COVID-19 - 7/04/2020. FSM Update
- Parent Update: COVID-19 - 27/03/2020
- Parent Update: COVID-19 - 24/03/2020
- Latest Update - 19.03.2020
- Coronavirus - New guidance for households with symptoms
- Coronavirus - (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for education settings
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Update 13/3/2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Update 11/3/2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Update 10/3/2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Further update 10/3/2020
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Information for parents for news - UPDATED 4/3/2020
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Information for parents for news
- Safeguarding Message
- Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
- Tuesday 1 September 2020 INSET DAY
- Wednesday 2 September 2020 INSET DAY
- Thursday 3 September 2020 Children Return to School
- Friday 9 October 2020 INSET DAY
- Friday 23 October 2020 Children break up for half-term
- Monday 26 October 2020 - Friday 30 October 2020 HALF TERM
- Monday 2 November 2020 Children Return to School
- Friday 18 December 2020 Children break up for Christmas
- Monday 21 December 2020 HOLIDAY
- Tuesday 22 December 2020 - Friday 1 January 2021 HOLIDAY
- Monday 4 January 2021 INSET DAY
- Tuesday 5 January 2021 Children Return to School
- Friday 12 February 2021 Children break up for half term
- Monday 15 February 2021 - Friday 19 February 2021 HALF-TERM
- Monday 22 February 2021 Children Return to School
- Thursday 1 April 2021 Children break up for Easter Holidays
- Friday 2 April 2021 GOOD FRIDAY - SCHOOL CLOSED
- Monday 5 April 2021 - Friday 16 April 2021 HOLIDAY
- Monday 19 April 2021 Children Return to School
- Monday 3 May 2021 MAY DAY BANK HOLIDAY - SCHOOL CLOSED
- Thursday 6 May 2021 School Closed for Voting
- Thursday 27 May 2021 Children Break up for Half Term
- Friday 28 May 2021 INSET DAY
- Monday 31 May 2021 - Friday 4 June 2021 HALF TERM
- Monday 7 June 2021 Children Return to School
- Tuesday 20 July 2021 Children break up for Summer Holidays
- Wednesday 21 July 2021 INSET DAY