Extreme Weather Arrangements
It is the policy of the school to make every effort to remain open whenever possible.
If the school is to close:
Parents will be alerted to any school closures via the School Life App and Black Country radio.
The school will make all practicable efforts to keep parents informed as to the situation with the school during adverse weather conditions, as we appreciate that such conditions and the uncertainty places very considerable difficulties upon parents. However parents are expected to check the website and/or make themselves aware of the radio broadcasts when it is clear that a closure is a possibility.
The school appreciates that during bad weather children may arrive later than normal; parents should endeavour to contact the school to let them know they are on their way if likely to be delayed. The school recognises there will be isolated instances where families are cut off, even where the clear majority of children can get into school. In such instances parents should inform the school of the circumstances of this exceptional situation, as the school has a duty to clarify the circumstances of each case so as to be able to formally authorise the absence to the Local Authority. Parents acting on the assumption that the school would be closed without gaining confirmation, or failing to inform the school of the circumstances that prevents the child coming into school risks their child being registered as an un-authorised absence. Where the school is officially closed, all absence is counted as authorised absence.
In the event of the school having to close during the day due to unforeseen worsening weather or similar unforeseen circumstances, parents will be contacted by text and asked to collect their child/ren. Such an early release will only be contemplated in very extreme circumstances.
In the event of snow school pathways will be cleared and salted. Parents, children and visitors will be made aware that pathways, even where cleared, do remain dangerous. Children will also be reminded of this in assembly.
Before and after school opening hours parents are responsible for ensuring their children do not slide on the school playground.
In icy conditions the caretaker will grit wide pathways and entrances into the school building.
Where necessary, essential pathways will be maintained as clear as possible throughout the day.
- Parent Briefing Note 7: COVID-19
- Staffing- Academic Year 2020-2021
- Zoom Transition Meetings
- Changes to bubbles
- Remote Learning Survey
- Staff changes
- Emmaus MAC Parent Consultation Statement
- Safer guidance travel for passengers
- Link to Year 6 parent booking form
- Well done to our Year 1 pupil!!
- A fantastic Thank You card for wonderful NHS Staff
- Congratulations to two of our pupils!!
- Information from our School Nurses
- Adverse Weather Conditions
- Hagley RC Supplementary Application Form
- Admissions 2020
- Parent Briefing Note 6: COVID-19
- Briefing Note 5: 11th May 2020
- Parent Update: COVID-19 - 27/04/2020
- CLOSURE OF ST MARY'S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL - 23/3/2020
- SNOMAC Parent/Carer Letter and Survey (Pre-School, Rec, Y1, Y6)
- Parent Update: COVID-19 - 7/04/2020. FSM Update
- Parent Update: COVID-19 - 27/03/2020
- Parent Update: COVID-19 - 24/03/2020
- Latest Update - 19.03.2020
- Coronavirus - New guidance for households with symptoms
- Coronavirus - (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for education settings
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Update 13/3/2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Update 11/3/2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Update 10/3/2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Further update 10/3/2020
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Information for parents for news - UPDATED 4/3/2020
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Information for parents for news
- Safeguarding Message
- Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
- Tuesday 14 July 2020 - 15:00 - 17:00 Report's Evening
- Wednesday 15 July 2020 - 09:00 - 10:30 Year 6 Leavers Assembly
- Friday 17 July 2020 Children break up for Summer 3PM
- Friday 17 July 2020 No after school club
- Friday 17 July 2020 - 09:00 - 10:00 Leaver's Mass - Led by Year 6
- Monday 20 July 2020 INSET DAY