Here at St Mary's we are a Christ centred community where all children work, learn and grow in Christ.
Saint Mary is our patron Saint and is an example to us all. She means a lot to the children and they know that they can pray to her and ask her for guidance.
Saint Mary is the Mother of Jesus, wife of St Joseph, and the greatest of all Christian saints. Traditionally, she was declared the daughter of Saints Joachim and Anne. Born in Jerusalem, Mary was presented in the Temple and took a vow of virginity. Living in Nazareth, Mary was visited by the archangel Gabriel, who announced to her that she would become the Mother of Jesus, by the Holy Spirit.
The principal events of her life are celebrated as liturgical feasts of the universal Church.
At St Mary's we have a house point system, which involves four houses. These houses were named after the four books of the New Testament: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Upon entry each pupil is allocated to a house which is represented by a different colour.
A pupil can obtain house points for excellent homework, good attendance, being polite, showing kindness, being a good example, trying their best in class, good manners in the dining hall, just showing a little extra effort and good behaviour in and out of the classroom.
Each week the points are counted and, during Assembly, children are told the scores to date. At the end of each week the winners earn rewards, such as extended playtime, and at the end of the year the winners have the House Points Trophy placed on their shield, which is on display in the Hall.
- Monday 2 September 2019 - All day INSET DAY
- Tuesday 3 September 2019 - All day INSET DAY
- Wednesday 4 September 2019 - All day Children Return to School
- Friday 11 October 2019 - All day INSET DAY
- Monday 6 January 2020 - All day INSET DAY
- Thursday 7 May 2020 - All day School Closed for Voting
- Friday 8 May 2020 - All day Bank Holiday for VE Day
- Friday 22 May 2020 - All day INSET DAY
- Monday 20 July 2020 - All day INSET DAY