Resources for Parents to help them support their children at home
Read Write Inc. Phonics programme is taught across Early Years and Key Stage 1. Children in Key Stage 2 needing more support and to catch up with their phonics knowledge also follow the programme.
Read Write Inc Phonics is a complete literacy programme for 4 to 7 year-olds learning to read and write and for 7 and 8 year-olds needing to catch up quickly. In Pre-School children learn the first 30 sounds in short daily sessions.
In Reception children read storybooks and non-fiction books closely matched to their developing phonic knowledge; they take home phonics storybooks to share; read with fluency and expressions; learn to spell using known sounds; write confidently by practicing what they want to write out loud first; work well with a partner.
By the end of Year 1 children are accurate readers and well prepared for tackling different texts as well as the government phonics screening test. Children have built up their reading speed and are developing fluency and expression appropriate for the texts they are reading.
- Monday 2 September 2019 - All day INSET DAY
- Tuesday 3 September 2019 - All day INSET DAY
- Wednesday 4 September 2019 - All day Children Return to School
- Friday 11 October 2019 - All day INSET DAY
- Monday 6 January 2020 - All day INSET DAY
- Thursday 7 May 2020 - All day School Closed for Voting
- Friday 8 May 2020 - All day Bank Holiday for VE Day
- Friday 22 May 2020 - All day INSET DAY
- Monday 20 July 2020 - All day INSET DAY